Configure Two-Factor Authentication
For added security, turn on two-factor authentication (2FA) for your GroupNews account. With 2FA enabled, you can be sure that even if your password is compromised, you will still be the only one able to sign into your account.
How 2FA Works
- You’ll need an authentication app that can generate 2FA codes when you sign into GroupNews.
- Verify your identity by entering a code generated by your 2FA app every time you sign into GroupNews.
Turn On 2FA
Step 1: Configure an authentication app
If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to download and install a 2FA authentication app. Typically this is something you install on your phone, but can also be set up in password manager apps on your computer. Here are some options:
- iPhone: Google Authenticator, 1Password, Authy, Microsoft Authenticator.
- Android: Google Authenticator, 1Password, Authy, Microsoft Authenticator.
Step 2: Turn on 2FA in GroupNews
- If necessary, sign into GroupNews.
- Go to your account security settings at groupnews.com/account/security.
- In the section titled Two-factor Authentication, click Enable Two-factor Authentication.
- You’ll get a set of backup codes which you can use to sign into GroupNews in the event you cannot generate a 2FA code. You should save these in a secure location. Once you’ve saved them, click Next to go to the Verify page.
- In your authentication app, add a new account. Typically, you can do this by tapping the + icon in the app.
- Scan the QR code on the Verify page using the authentication app to register your GroupNews account in the app.
- On the Verify page, enter the 6-digit code generated by the app and click Verify.
From now on, when you sign into GroupNews, use your authentication app to get the two factor code.
My 2FA code didn’t work
The 2FA codes generated by your authenticator app change every 30 seconds. If you entered a code that didn’t work, it’s possible that the code has expired. Simply enter the next code generated by your app and try again.
I can’t access my authenticator app
If you lose your phone or you’ve deleted your authentication app, you can use one of your backup codes to sign in. Use any code to sign in, but keep in mind that each code can only be used once. Your backup codes were provided at the time you set up 2FA.